Parenting is one of the most difficult and most rewarding parts of life.
There is nothing quite like being a new parent. I felt overjoyed, overwhelmed, and terrified all at the same time when my son was born. There’s so much to learn, and so much to do—it feels like it never ends.
After being a stay at home dad for the past 3 years, I wanted to share some pointers for new parents that might make the start of your journey a little bit easier.
- Connect with other parents and caregivers. Use the resources that are out there to help you. I’m a part of multiple mom and dad groups on Facebook, where I can get help with any question or problem.
- You are not perfect. You’ll never be a perfect parent. It’s about trying your best and putting your kids first. That’s what matters.
- Keep learning and never stop. Reading about what to expect and different experiences will give you an idea of what you’ll go through.
- Sometimes $h*t happens and the only card you have to play is to get through it. You have a child now and they’re depending on you to be strong.
- Enjoy being a parent and take care of yourself as well. Misery loves company, and so does happiness. Your level positivity, negativity, or stress will rub off on your child and mold them into an avatar of you. Please make sure you set the right example.
Parenting is one of the most difficult and rewarding parts of life. It challenges you to be more than responsible for just yourself. It can also be a real struggle at times. For me personally, it is one of the most amazing adventures I’ve ever been on. Enjoy every minute of it! Thanks for reading!
Photo by audi_insperation
Source: The Good Men Project